Tuesday 20 August 2013

Cody ChesnuTT in town for the night

First time I heard of Mr. ChesnuTT was on Dave Chappelle's Block Party back in 2005. He played along side The Roots, performing their great song The Seed (2.0) - which is a remake of Codys song from his album The Seed. 

Anyways, on that show I mistakenly took Questlove (Ahmir Khalib Thompson) for Cody ChesnuTT (don´t ask me how) and for months to come I would walk around thinking Cody was Ahmir in The Roots. Everytime their songs were played, or their pictures were shown, everytime they were mentioned - I would proudly shout Cody ChesnuTT pointing at Ahmir like a 6-year old just discovering the meaning of the word ball, thinking I was in sync with the great world of hard core music lovers and knowers. It wasn´t until much, much later that my sister (who thought I was playing her a joke all along) finally exclaimed: Are you actually thinking that is Cody!? whilst watching Ahmir on the screen in front of us. I was taken aback. What the...??? 

From that day on, now as a joke, I still shout out Cody when I see Ahmir or The Roots. And when Mr. ChesnuTT finally came to town for a night, I just had to go and see him. And what a fine night it was! 

Translation: Möttes upp av sångerna från Cody ChesnuTT i lördags. Det blev en del allsång, en del dans i publiken - främst jag - och en drös med nöjda miner. Lite besviken över att inga av låtarna jag faktiskt kunde spelades, men mer än glad över att äntligen ha sett herr ChesnuTT live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment