Tuesday 28 October 2014

I know I got a bad reputation, walking-round-always-mad reputation

During the days - after coming back from uni - I blast up the radio only to find the same songs playing over and over and over again. What's worse - I like it. Sigmas remix of Bound follows me to the bathroom and when I'm done with business I dance down the hallway accompanied by Robin Schulz's Prayer in C. The dishes are done with the soundtrack of Calvin Harris' Blame, then they turn it down a notch - enters does Sam Smith with his Stay with me. 'Round about here they mix the list up with some classics like Eminem's Slim Shady or Backstreet Black's No Diggity and as I do my about-to-crawl-into-bed-routine All about the bass comes sprinting through the speakers and my body starts to shake. Of course it all culminates into Shake it off with Taylor Swift. Then it ends abruptly with me switching the damn radio off. 

Last weekend I happened to meet up with my dear, oh-so-lovely ms. N in the presence of some dumplings and an organic beer. Her former job offered an excursion to Berlin with them and she gladly accepted, leaving the cold north behind. It was as if we had never parted on that warm summer day more than two years ago. After the lunch we strolled down Schönhauser Alle and I got to meet her cousin who is an artist based here in Berlin - own shop and all. 

All in all, the week has been good on me. I´ve started to talk German, and with started I mean I sometimes order my coffee in German. Better than nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment