Tuesday 5 November 2013

Flatter me some more, why don´t ya'!

The strangest thing. 

After a stop for some beers one saturday night at a local pub, where a friend of mine had a small gathering, me and my dearest follower P strolled down to Magasinsgatan to meet up with our peeps that had been occupying a table at the lovable Puta Madre. Drinks where ordered, wine was drunk, laughter echoed down the street. We were sitting on the terrace with our minds engaged in the story of how one in the squad had stalked the guy she was potentially dating. The subject of conversation was planning on dropping by later that evening. 

So we waited - anticipated - upon his arrival. Mind you that we are all from out of town, out of region I would say - no natives in this group ma'am - and so goes for the boy that she had met. As he, all of a sudden, emerged in front of us, we were to busy fixating our eyes, thoughts and calculating minds on his appearance to actually notice that there were two more sets of legs standing beside us, waiting to be acknowledged - the date had brought his two friends along with him. And as I slowly turned my head to the left, my eyes stumbled upon a familiar shape and a noise escaped through my mouth. The words: You gotta be kidding! made the hole company go silent. 

I turned my head away in pure surprise. Glancing back, as he laughed, I was certain - the familiar shape was a face of an old classmate. For six years we had been in the same class, which was five years ago, and now we randomly stumbled upon each other in a new town through new mutual friends. There was a lot of laughter when the spotlight of attention was aimed at us, instead of the two future lovebirds. 

But this was just a small detour though of the actual story that needs to be told. Hear, hear! 
Sitting on the terrace with the party of six, the boys had left us, sipping on my wine, suddenly a comment was aimed towards me. You know what, you look like Alexa Chung! 

Me?! Ms. A. Chung? Well, yes please, say that again! But after further investigation, turning to the almighty cellphone and the source of Google to have some comparison made, we brought it down a notch - I remind them of A. Chung. The style, my appearance, my hair, the way I dress. Well, good enough for me, I say! 

Anywho, my point is - to summarize the agenda of the post - I'm in a desperate need of a haircut and I´ve decided to go my look-a-like's way of doing it. The appointment has been booked. Chop - chop! 

It is the second photo from the left that will accompany me to the hair salon tomorrow after noon. Happy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment