Tuesday 11 June 2013

HBO: About Face


Some nights ago, I happened to stumble upon the HBO documentary About Face: Supermodels Then and Now while I was zapping through the TV channels. It's an interesting documentary where some of the best-known models of the past century reminisce about their glory days whilst reflecting on the culture of beauty. Its missing depth though, a depth that would make it far more interesting. A depth that's there - the models touch the subjects you want to hear more about - but they are then lost by the hand of the director. This article, from The New York Times, says it all. 

Anyways, Jerry Hall and Carmen Dell`Orefice!! I want Carmen's hair when I grow old. That is by far the most wonderful white hair I've ever seen, so cool, so perfect, so fierce and powerful - give it to me now and I would be walking on clouds. And Jerry, that woman just gives the impression of so much energy and I love it. 

Translation: För några kvällar sen lyckades jag hamna framför dokumentären About Face: Supermodels Then and Now som gick på TV. Där fanns två saker som jag föll för. Det vita, helt magiska hår som bärs av Carmen Dell`Orefice - jag längtar till ålderns dar bara för att kunna ha sådant hår! Äsch, ge det till mig nu och jag hade varit lycklig. Och Jerry Halls fantastiska personlighet. Vilken kvinna!



No comments:

Post a Comment