Tuesday 12 March 2013

So it is Amsterdam


Spent a weekend in Amsterdam last summer. Could spend a weekend there anytime! I find myself thinking about the canals often these days, as spring is approaching. And the strolls we made and the buildings we saw and bicycles we heard. 

We were walking down a tiny backstreet one afternoon and passed a hotel where two blokes were packing up, getting ready to leave. We got eye contact with one of them. A pair of timid, light brown eyes, peaked out from under a hat and caught my attention. Our gaze met, and as it did my friend grabbed hold of my arm - squeezing tighter, and tighter, and tighter. As we got to the end of the street, turning around the corner, ending up inside our destination - the second hand shop Episode - my friend got up close to me. Face to face, staring intensely into my eyes, with a smile on her face she said - that was Jack White! - and started to dance around the shop. 

Zlatan was with us, and so were the flamingos. 

Architecture I dream about, a stork flown through the window and a visit at the van Gogh museum. 


Was very pleased with myself when we finally found and got to the Housing Silo (Silodam) done by MVRDV. 

Fell in love with some flowers at the Albert Cuypmarkt, which is said to be Amsterdam's largest and busiest market. 

 Translation: Reste till Amsterdam över Midsommar förra året. Nu, när våren alltmer gör sig påmind, drömmer jag om kanalerna och promenaderna och byggnaderna och cyklarna i staden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment