Saturday 9 February 2013

Tell me doctor, is this flu serious?

Last Sunday there were grand plans of watching the entire Super Bowl, from beginning to end, for the first time ever. With all sorts of crazy snacks and beverages by my side I would enjoy this final battle between the two teams that had made it all the way through, playing a game that I've just recently come to care for and that has, with a growing fascination, caught my interest. These plans ended though with me not being able to keep my eyes open – an hour before kick-off! – I had caught the flu and was off to bed. 

The following day I did a don't-tell-me-the-result-cause-I'm-watching-the-rerun-later... it all went well until I quickly opened my web browser and remembered that my front page is an online newspaper - I remembered it because there was a huge picture posted of the winner. Epic fail. Anyways, saw the rerun – great game!

Saw a fantastic play a couple of days ago written by the ever amazing Jonas Hassen Khemiri - author of three novels and six plays. (In 2011 his Invasion! premiered in New York and Khemiri was awarded a Village Voice Obie Award for playwriting.) I Call My Brothers is his latest work and definitely worth seeing, although I would say unnecessary sentimental at times. Great play, amazing actors, great scenography – I was in awe of the lighting! - all in all a fabulous evening that ended with a glas of red wine, and the most superb olives, at a bar with my beautiful sisters. 



Translation: I julklapp fick jag efterlängtade biljetter till Jonas Hassen Khemiris pjäs Jag ringer mina bröder. För några kvällar sen var det dags att gå och se den med mina vackra systrar. Väldigt sevärd pjäs - välskrivet, välregisserat, grymt skådespeleri och fantastisk ljussättning - bitvis lite för sentimental för min smak, men riktigt bra story. 




No comments:

Post a Comment